Colour Story Baby Blanket.

Hi Everyone
Its back to the humdrum of routine for us  now . J had to go back to work before his holidays officially got over.While I  was a tad disappointed for his holidays to come to a halt without a warning, I'm also grateful that he is wanted at his job. If you know what I mean.
The boys are still at home .Which is nice.
The holidays were such a joyous time. It was good to slow down and take a moment to think of all the things that we were grateful for. To reset our priorities and recharge our souls.
I'm just loving summer.Our garden is a riot of colours with flowers ...
the wild flowers just as pretty as the others in the garden
 fruits...
and  birds . The birds get most of the fruits, but we get lucky too.

Sometime between all the things we did, I started and finished my  first project for 2016

I have been keen to use NZ yarns for my handmade since discovering the wide range of NZ yarns available. I'm all for supporting Local .
The  Colour Story Baby Blanket came as a kit from The Woven Store , which consisted of the Smooth Twist Merino yarn in seven different colours , 4.5 mm Knit Pro Symphony interchangeable needles, a 60 mm cable and the pattern.
It was a very easy and enjoyable knit.With just Gartar rows , it fitted in nicely with all the  T.V watching  sessions and got done in no time at all! The colour changes kept it interesting through out.
This was my first time working with interchangeable needles .I've always been nervous working with them as I feared the screws would come undone as I'm working on  my project.No such thing happened, during the making of this blanket. The screws did loosen up a little , which is my fault for not knowing how to put them in properly in the first place and the yarn snagged on the joins once in a while.Other than that, I did not have any big trouble working with them . I positively have gotten over my fear of the said needles but I do prefer working with fixed circulars .
The Smooth Twist Merino is so nice ,springy and soft with a beautiful stitch definition.
Did you notice the change in the header? What do you think? That is the logo I use for my shop. I wanted a uniform logo . Big B helped me change the image I drew into a png image , but I still do not know how to alter it using photoshop. It is a work in progress.
Speaking of Work in Progress, my Northern Lights yarn is working up beautifully
on my Chiaogoo  needles for the Atwood Shawl KAL.
The Chiaogoo  Lace  Circular needles may have replaced the Addi Circulars as my new favourite needles to work with.
Talk to you all later
Pearlin

Comments

  1. All such lovely images and a very pretty blanket. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts