Podcasts and Make Alongs

Hello Lovelies,
The Atwood Shawl is now finished. I mentioned this Knit Along in the passing before  but did not give anymore details.
Sometime late in 2015, I discovered podcasts! I had no idea that there was a goldmine out there.
Some of the ones I  listen and watch fairly regularly are Tilly Trout, Hue Loco, Handmade Holland Co, Along the Lanes ,Truly Myrtle , Fluffy Fibres.I listen to a lot of them as I sit crocheting or knitting. Its like I'm in a  little knit party all by myself. Its wonderfully inspirational.
 Nicole of Hue Loco  hosted  the Knit Along for the Atwood Shawl she designed and I jumped right in. One of those delightful patterns even a beginner like me can make without much hair tearing.

I only noticed that I made a big mistake of skipping the garter rows in-between the eyelet rows, but you will not know unless I mention it and also the beautiful yarn kind of makes up for it don't you think? I used the rest of the yarn to crochet a picot edge.
I learnt to slip the beginning knit stitch purl wise without knitting it at the start of the row , when I made the baby blanket. I used the same method to create a neat edge for this shawl too. I made the smaller size.

Projects Details:
 Yarn : 8ply  Northern Lights by Meraki Studio NZ. 
Needles: 4.5 mm Chia goo Lace knitting circular needles
Pattern :Atwood Shawl

 Erin of Handmade Holland Co has a year long Make Along of making 16 of the the same item in 2016.
I have decided to make 16 Potholders for that.
I figured making 16 potholders wouldn't take much time. And maybe when they are all done, I can have maybe have a collection to hang on the potholder holder wall I dream of having .
I'm still working on it though.

Comments

Popular Posts