Too Many Works in progress

Hi everyone
Today I thought I will share some of my many works in progress in the hopes of keeping track of them at least.
I don't know about you all but for me, as far as my Works in progress are concerned, out of sight is out of mind!
So, first on my needles is The Missoni Inspired Cowl, in lovely jewel tones.I was not very happy with that cream shade . 
It seemed a little out of place.
So I restarted the same shades with a darker colour. 
I think the darker shade looks better. Do you?
The yarn I'm using is Ashford 8ply Tekapo in 100% NewZealand wool. With my Chiagoo 4.5 mm circular needles. Have I told you all how much I love these needles. It's my favourite these days.
This project is an easy one and the colour changes keep it interesting.
I'm trying to be all organised and wrote out the details in my craft book complete with yarn colours and all ! I borrowed the idea from Erin of Holland Handmade podcast
I'm proud of myself for starting to be more organised, people. 😄
Next is the Botanical Cowl by Megan Goodacre
The yarn I'm using for it is Malabrigo Arroyo in the Lotus colour way. I just love the teal and magenta, pink n bits of light blue . The yarn is so soft.
Then I have the 3colour cashmere Cowl by Joji Locatelli
I've frogged it and started over thrice already because obviously I can't count properly .
Half way through the first time, I noticed that as it grew, it was also getting narrower . I couldn't figure out how I decreased without noticing but it happened and I had to frog it !
So now I have all the markers on it to keep track . It's helping but I haven't made much progress.
I'm using the Rosewood Wool Romney 8ply in these three colours you see in the picture.Rosewood Wool is hand dyed using natural materials in Waikato NewZealand.
And finally when I need a bit of mindless seed stitching,there is this 
The yarn is super soft and chunky from the Woven. It's 70%NZ wool and 30% alpaca. I'm using my 10mm knit pro symphonie for it.
You may have noticed there's no crochet here. Well , I haven't crocheted anything although I did find a half done mandala/ doily/ table centre I had made up back when I lived in India. I was thinking of writing up the pattern for it and posting it here on my blog, but it never happened. I still haven't got the motivation . By the time I do, I may decide it's not that cool after all as I'm not sure if I like it anymore.
So tell me what works in progress do you have. Do you have as many as me or do you have more :D. Do let me know 
Talk to you all later

Comments

  1. Your WIPs are all so pretty and colorful !! :)
    I have more open projects than you since I cross stitch as well. It is good to be organised. I always try, the beginning is good but maintaining organised way of working is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti. Yes you are right. The beginning is easy but not the maintenance

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts