Calm after a Storm

Saturday started out as a gorgeous gorgeous day not only because it was a sunshiny and balmy winter day, but a day filled with snippets of little things which when  stringed together at the end of the day ,leaves a smile on your face as you lay your head down on the pillow to  sleep.
To have such a day following a Friday evening of ugly tears, flared tempers and tantrums ,makes it all the more special. Because it gives you hope ,that  not everything  is lost after all and lifts  your heart from the depths of desperation , that one tends to get into during those not so lovely moments .
The day started out with J and I going to the Airport to meet some people who were coming to NZ for the very first time.After coffee and some  time alone with J, We went together as a family to Kawa Cafe for lunch.



It was Big B's treat for us with his first ever earning .It was a delicious lunch . It felt surreal, filled with mixed emotions, pride at my son's milestone, sadness at how time just flies and  excited for all the new things and experiences that await my kids as they move from one stage to another.




Then,  when we came back, there was a package waiting for me at the doorstep, for which I was waiting too! Sometime during last week, there was a call out for Test knitters on The Woven page on Facebook. The willing test knitters had to finish a haiku that started with
Knitting is awesome. Now I've never attempted a haiku before, but I did try
Knitting is awesome
With two sticks and some soft string
Creates a spl' thing.
( initially I had written' Creates a special thing', which someone pointed out as having more syllables and so I changed it to Spl' so as to cut down the syllable .)
I got selected to Test knit.Yay!!I  kind of like that I wrote my first ever haiku and got to try  some new yarn and a yet to be published pattern in return. Yay!)
The Woven sent the yarn , needles and the pattern. Isn't it wonderful!
 I cast on right away and its coming along swimmingly.
We also saw a  movie called Inkheart together as a family. Its the story of a guy who has a special gift of making the characters in the book he reads out loud , come to life. It was not a wow movie, but was interesting in its craziness.
Sunday was a quiet rainy day. I realised that when the sky looks like this at sunrise,it turns out to be a wet cold day .
That colour inspired me to start a new crochet project as well. Its a pattern I have made several times before.Although I’m not entirely in love with the way the colours look worked up in the  pattern as opposed to the way it looked as a skein, I will continue to work on this , because it feels so soft and warm against my skin.I’m really loving that it takes less than 30 mins to make a motif and I enjoy seeing the project grow one little flower motif at a time.
So that was pretty much my weekend, how was yours? Do tell

Comments

Popular Posts