Friday Favourites

I’ve been feeling under the weather lately . So I thought it would lift up my spirits to make note of the lovely little things in my life on this day. Things that may seem so insignificant to others but makes a whole world of difference to me.
Yarn
It is no secret that I love Yarn. All my resolve to keep check on my budget, usually gets thrown out the window when I see new hand dyed yarn  online.Specially after coming here to NZ, there are so many natural fibres that I’m spoilt for choice really!
Can we just take a moment and admire how gorgeous this yarn looks?And is oh so soft . Go read about this hand dyed yarn  at Nunnaba Artisan Yarn


Sunrises
Ever since we moved into this home, we have been treated to some gorgeous sunrises .Somedays I miss it in the busyness of the early morning rush. Isn’t it amazing how regardless of  who stops and stares, the sunrise continues to remain magnificent in its glory? On this particular day, the sky looked like it had been set fire on.
Once you have tasted the taste of the sky, you will forever look up-Leonardo Da Vinci

Gifts.
From friends and from nature.
The pillow like I said earlier is a handmade gift from a friend here.I’m a big fan of handmade creations .Not only does the handmade item  carry the unique imprint of its creator .It also offers the  privilege , to  have a peek into the beauty of the creator’s heart, their dream,and creativity  through the making and giving of the said gift. And that little piece of the giver remains with you to hold and cherish. Isn’t that a wonderful thing?!
Same goes with the bounties of nature. The Creator created all these amazing charming creations with such precision and attention to detail , just for us to find and admire. To be able to look around and take in the beauty that surrounds us is a wonderful gift I believe.
These  pinecones ,are ones we gathered from our very first family camping trip in Kaiteriteri, near Nelson.
Both of these gifts make my heart swell with happiness for the very reason I mentioned.

So tell me what makes your heart swell with happiness?

Comments

Popular Posts