August Favourites 2016

August has been a month of ups and downs for me health wise.
I'm so excited , we are in the fag end of Winter.

Spring is in the air , it lovely to see the sun shine,golden daffodils cheerily bobbing their heavy floral heads in the breeze, the cherry blossom trees bursting forth with pale pink and Crimson buds, ladybugs, baby sparrows and wildflowers everywhere.

Spring definitely brings with it a spirit of mirth  and life and dreams of Summer and travel . 
My favourites other than watching the change of  seasons , is yarn and fabric.
First is Hedgehog Fibre Sock. It's a machine washable 90% Merino, 10% Nylon 100gm/400m yarn.
When I went to check out Robyn Egge Yarns store's closing out sale, I discovered they had Hedgehog Fibres yarn in their store! It's a very popular yarn among podcasters and after hearing rave reviews of it I wanted to try them out too. 
I snagged up the Sage colourway as by the time I went dilly dallying to choose the colourway I wanted, most of them was gone! 
This yarn is such a pretty soft mint colour with mocha brown colour runningthrough it. What's more? It's oh so soft! 
Next up is the Chiagoo Lace circular Needles that I got from the same website. I've mentioned this before , but I love love these needles. Some of the cable lengths I wanted were sold out and I was lucky enough to get a few. 
Third is a fabric line I discovered and fell in love with. It's called the Deer Stella Enchanted line. This fabric line is of the woodland theme and its my all time favourite theme in any line. 
Bunnies, foxes, cottages, trees and flowers in the navy blue and off white grey backgrounds are adorable. I'm thinking baby quilts when I gather the courage to cut into them. 
These were part of a Tuesday Stack I purchased from Stitchbird NZ. 
Fourth is a vendor I love. Luen is efficient , prompt and very reasonably priced for labels and care tags. I have purchased twice from here and I'm very pleased with her services. 
The fifth favourite would be Instagram Stories. I loved making my stories and also having a peek at other people's stories. If only the stories could be stored somewhere . It would be wonderful! 
I'm so excited that Hawai Five O is available for viewing here in Christchurch.We pretty much have one detective series to watch everyday . We have discovered The Mysteries of Laura and binge watched and caught up on almost all the episodes. 
Oh and Kiwi living is back Yay!!

Comments

Popular Posts