Spring =Colour

The landscape in Spring  is truly a visual treat;,flowers blooming everywhere,birds chirping,bees buzzing.... the skeletal trees sprouting tender green leaves.Its truly a sight to behold  the earth come alive with vibrant colour and vivacity after seeming dead and dry all Winter.

 Seeing the Spring fairy happily prancing about touching every tree and grass and bulb with a colour spangled magic wand, fills me with hope. Things that appear hopeless outside still has hope within and everything will turn out ok in the end after all !
As much as I dislike Winter, it makes me appreciate Spring and the change of seasons more than ever .
A friend gave me a few Kowhai seedlings, until then I had not paid close attention to these gorgeous yellow flowers or that it's nectar is much sought after by birds! 
With the arrival of spring, I have been gravitating towards sewing.It started with me making a baby snuggle blanket with some lovely woodland fabric I had got earlier in the year.
backed it with fleece and it does not have any batting .
After I finished my purple zippered pouch, I decided to seize the fact that there was purple thread on the machine and finish up the drawstring pouch that I had set aside when I ran out of purple thread on my bobbin halfway through the making of the pouch
Seeing that I was into sewing  at the moment, J made a request for  a quilt , with fabric that I loved. He didn't want the traditional man quilt. Still I didn't want him to have something he didn't like at all  so we choose fabric that we both liked Of all the fabric we saw on the Stitchbird website, the Vintage Picnic was the fabric we liked.
I decided to follow the basic jelly roll beginners quilt top by Melanie k ham. Worked up quickly and this is what I have finished so far
I'm just loving it! The splash of colours in my surroundings and in my works in progress.



Comments

Popular Posts