Zippered Pouches

Lil B can be quite the slave driver when his mind is set on something he wants me to make.
It would always start as Can you please make me a ....?' The minute I say yes , I'm on a slippery slop. I have start right away , will have no control over anything 
Right from fabric choice, to having the finished product in his hands, he'd sit with me from start to finish , asking me how It's coming along ,can he be of any help etc etc 
Once it's done, it will be immediately put to use and feedback given .
Gosh I love this child ! It's just so hard working for him!
I had long wanted to try sewing Hue Loco's holiday project bag and this was the perfect opportunity to try it. Being clueless about interfacing, I picked out different varieties and decided to try and find out which one I liked better.
This particular has a very stiff interfacing 
He  didnot want two different fabrics on the outside and so I used the measurements for the lining on the outside as well. And it worked without a problem.
Encouraged by the success of the first pouch, I tried another one with the same measurement but with on iron on quilt like interfacing 
I like this quilt batting like interfacing better than the stiffer one as its softer on the hands and gives body and stability too to the bag.
Not just for the interfacing I used but also Kaffe Fasset fabrics I used.

Comments

Popular Posts