End of year catch up

Another year has gone by so fast!
It has been a giant rollercoaster ride for us. We have held on to our seats tight, screamed our heads off , wondered why we've put ourselves through it . I'm hoping that  at the end of the ride , which is still not in sight, we will  be able to look back , laugh at our craziness to get on the ride in the first place ,smile and be able to say , 'It wasn't all that bad . By God's grace, we made it in one piece.'
Schools have closed for the the year .The summer sun , the wildflowers , the roses ,hydrangeas and the lavender blooming  in my garden are keeping  me  very happy.
I'm sewing a lot more than I used to do.Finally I feel like I have a desire to sew and that came about with learning to sew this drawstring bag.
The unlimited possibilities that this pattern offers is its allure I believe.I made one more for Lil B's Teacher to put her year end gift in.
I have now claimed my dinning table as my sewing set up with my machine, cutting mat and ironing all in one place.I can just sit and sew whenever I feel like it .
I'm also doing a modern mash up quilt- along.
I like Quilt -alongs/sew alongs because they often break down the big tasks into little do-able bits . Not just that, it is a great opportunity to learn from other people, being able to see the different versions of a block, in the comfort of my home.
These are the blocks I've made so far.
I've learnt to draw colours from an inspiration picture and work on it. Its hard but I'm trying .Choosing fabric has been the hardest part for me so far.
 Knitting and crochet  have definitely taken a back seat. That does not mean I'm not doing them at all.
 I'm testing the waters at the moment and trying to find out what sock knitting is all about. I want to know if it is for me, if yes, I want to see if I like cuff -down or toe up better. I want to give it a go once and see what the hype is about,  That ,and sock yarn is so pretty .
I asked for help on a FB group  and they directed me to this sock along.
Using DPNs seemed like a good idea at the time I started ,but now I wondering if I should have started with  circulars and magic loop.
 I'm hopeful using DPNs will get easier once I get the hang of it. Not only that, it feels so cool knitting with five 2.5 mm toothpicks needles :)

There may have been a bout of startitis and I didn't know ?.Podcasts and pretty sock yarn are to blame. I  started  the weekender blanket using some minis I had got at Unwind last year ,
 then I discovered  hedgehog fibres sock minis and I can feel a 'mini' obsession coming up to take hold of me.
Until I did a year end mental catch up of works in progress ,I had clearly forgotten  I have three other unfinished blankets in my work basket.
If I had remembered about them, I wouldn't have started this blanket. Atleast that is what I tell myself .Like I needed excuses :P . I hope I will be able to finish them all before Winter arrives.
Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year dear friends.  

Comments

  1. I love quilts. And those drawstring bags are great for gifts. I've got so many projects I'm working on. So much I want to do. So much I want to give away. I really need to get organized and focused. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Tammy. Hope you had a wonderful time with family

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts