Secret Santa Gifts

Last year I enjoyed my  Secret Santa Gift so much that I decided to participate this year as well.
After a lot of pondering, I decided on the Three Colour Cashmere Cowl for her. I'd seen a lot of different versions and thought it  would be perfect for my secret santa partner. I had  also wanted to make this pattern forever. It seemed simple enough and I was confident I could handle it even if it was my  first time.
 I ordered the yarn , got to work right away. As I was working section B of the pattern , I realised that it was going to end up as a chunky large knit. I had completely missed taking note  of the fact that the pattern required a fingering  weight yarn. duh!
It was also about this time I realised that I did not have a lot of time to order yarn I wanted to make it with  and make same pattern again.  Change of plan happened and actually turned out better than plan A.
The  One Row Lace Scarf  that I started turned out to be a better choice as its summer time here , this scarf is light and airy and my partner wouldn't need to wait until Winter to use her gift.
This is my first fingering weight knit project. and I love how light and warm it turned out to be.


Project Details :
Pattern:   One Row Lace Scarf
Yarn: Feather Brush Yarn  Fingering ,Colourway :Tiara (Merino/Silk 50/50)
Needles:  4.5 mm Chiaogo Needles

I also made her  my absolute favourite drawstring bag pattern from In Colour Order blog  renamed Hold and Cherish project bag to hold all the little treats I put in for her .


She can  use it as a project bag to hold small projects like a hat or socks later on.A gift within a gift is always a welcome surprise, no?
 I  had been holding on to this  fat quarter bundle for a long time.It was one of the very first purchases   from a quaint little quilt fabric and notions shop called Forget me Knots not very far away from my home. Finally it has been put to good use.




The size of this drawstring bag is slightly smaller from the Everything  Size that is in the tutorial. I had to adjust the size to match the directional print . For the drawstring I used a nice festive ribbon that a very kind salesperson pointed out to me as I was searching for a matching ribbon at the store..

I really hope my secret santa partner really liked this little package as I was not able go  watch her unwrap the gift.


Comments

  1. Very pretty. Love the bag -- nice fabric. Always a bonus to be able to reuse what your gifts come in. Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy :)). Wish you a Merry Christmas

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts