Zippered pouch: Quick and Easy

As the days get longer and longer, breaking at around 5.30 am and stretching late into 9.00 pm,  knitting and crochet have taken the back seat
. I'm on the sewing machine a lot more than usual these days. 
Fabric selection and cutting, the two things that really threw me off sewing in the first place, don't seem as daunting for me . I'm not sure if it is getting comfortable with time or the fact that I can walk into a fabric store and get help with fabric selection etc. It could be a combination of both.
Anyway, I found this gorgeous mint with gold cross cotton and steel fabric online a while back , didn't have any plans for it when I got it.
I needed a pencil pouch , I'd been dying to make a zippered pouch, I found the perfect lining and zipper , with gold metal zip, like I wanted.It seemed like the stars had aligned when I found this pattern and tutorial at The Busy Bean.
Trying to sew a combination of a iron on batting as interfacing and metal zipper was indeed a wee bit nerve racking , but I  plodded on .
 small sewing projects  are so gratifying and fun !

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Swapna. So excited to see you dropped by.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pouch and the fabric is beautiful too ! I also made one last week, will post soon.
    I guess we often expect a successful output from ourselves and so we are not so confident initially but now I go with the mind thinking let it not be perfect but it would be my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Preeti. Would love to see your pouch too. You are right Preeti, I always feel bad when I make mistakes .Im slowly getting over that mind frame

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts