Tech-free days

Wild flowers abound in my backyard and it never fails to make me smile. They are a gentle reminder to take delight in life's little things to me, things that we often take for granted.
Happy New year friends. I know it's late to be wishing you all a Happy New Year. This post has been sitting on the drafts for a while.
It's summer holidays for the boys , we've been spending a lot of time together doing technology free days.We ticked off a few things off our must do in Christchurch List.
Visited Lavender gardens,
went on the Gondola

Revisited the old favourites like the Restart Mall,
 and the Museum

Its almost back to school time! I am happy with how our holidays went this year.

I finished one zippered pouch. J wanted one to put knick knacks in. I'm in love with the post card fabric and Essex Linen fabric.
I think they both go well together.
With each bag I sew, I'm learning a new thing. Like for instances , with this bag, I learnt to pay more attention to the zipper tab I'm using. I added a little shoe charm zipper pull as the zipper I got was a lock type short one which I did not know when I purchased it.
It has always been my dream to embroider on Linen and using linen embroidery thread from DMC, I did a little freestyle stitchery because I was not able to transfer my design using carbon paper.
Right after I finished making this pouch J wanted me to make him a smaller pouch with just the linen fabric .
 He gave me the specifics  about the size and the features , he wanted in his pouch, like a  little pocket to keep his cards
 and also a zipper pouch for change.
After working on the previous pouch, I kind of made up as I went along. I should have searched up for tutorials but with busy days, I did not have much time for that.I have a lot of practice to insert a zipper pocket. But the fear of adding a zipper pocket is gone. One step forward Yay!
I  added the same stitchery ' Begin each day with a grateful heart 'to this pouch.
 
It is a simple design I drew after I decided that Grateful was going to be my word for the year.
To accept the good and the bad things with a grateful heart. Because I believe that God is in control always and makes all things to work together for good, for his children.
I'm thrilled  to see J carry it around with him everywhere.

Comments

  1. Sounds like wonderful holidays. Both pouches are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much.

Popular Posts